Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm glad I love the shit out of these people, since I'm stuck with them either way.

I've always known that I have the best family in the world. I'm sure your family is pretty great too, but I'm equally sure that mine is better. Having just got back from our annual beach week vacation, I thought I'd share some of the reasons my family kills it:

- Do I want to wake up and immediately crack open a beer when I'm on vacation? Why yes, I certainly do! Does my family really give a shit that not only do I have an extremely (and probably somewhat unhealthy) tolerance and love for booze? They probably do, but hey-they're awesome enough to accept that fact about me and move on.

- Family beach week includes, but is not limited to, the following meals: champagne scallops, beer dip, duck-stuffed pork, spaghetti and meatballs, red beans and rice, etouffee, crab and shrimp cocktails, and endless cookies, cinnamon rolls, and brownies.

- You really haven't lived until your entire family has been kicked out of the wave-runner rental place for not following the rules and driving too dangerously.

- This years beach week ended with two empty Grey Goose bottles. The huge ones.

- We once had a family discussion about circumcision. This included me polling my cousins on who was and who wasn't, and my cousin Peter replying: "I don't know, ask my mom!" (By the way, he was 16 at the time).

-Most nights end in drinking games and a midnight food run.

But seriously, I don't know what I do without these people. I have always been supported unconditionally by my amazing family and taught that I could do anything and be anything...and thanks to them, I've never doubted it for a second. My family is my heart and my proof that true love really does exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment